Friday, March 30, 2007



A little vacation goes a long way.

Thanks for being patient while I crashed. Finally, I've had some time to take a deep breath and chill out for a bit. Vacation started on Wednesday and I've tried to use these first days to their fullest. The house is clean, some studying has been done, I've had a chance to spend some quality date time my man, and finally I've had a little time to tube out watching 30Rock and some old-school serials. So much fun. I'm even catching up a bit on my reading &mdash the bedside table has only one book on it now, rather than the rediculous pile of half-finished books it did a few weeks ago. The weather is beginning to perform, too: we're definitely going to hit the beach in a few hours.

During all this wind-down time, I've been thinking a lot about the Seder we did at the ulpan (for those of you who haven't spied on my flickr site, that mysterious grocery list did in fact turn out to be for a seder meal). I'm going to hold off talking about it until after Monday, until after the seder meal at the Sharon's. The Sharons are so great because they're always so chill and so gracious &mdash such a change from the typical brusque Tel Avivian. It'll also be useful to contrast the public-school-style, rah-rah ceremony we had at the ulpan to the private, familial one we're sure to do on Monday.

For now though, it's off to the beach.

0 comments: